ReMode Shop Assistant
Yep! (Youth engagement programme) for LEAP (Local Energy Action Plan) is a programme of hands-on workshops, pop-up events and social gatherings which aim to develop skills in garment re-design in its’ young participants as well as the wider community. The programme’s activities which includes workshops in printing and campaign filmmaking are mostly located within our Lochwinnoch based shop ReMode, The Shop Assistant will provide support to the Youth Coordinator, with the practical day to day running of the shop including the preparation of the clothing, dealing with customer’s enquiries, general administration and upkeep of social media sites to promote our work, as well as workshop opportunities. Through this youth orientated role you will be supporting the work of the Youth Coordinator and by extension, our participants, volunteers and the environmental aims and objectives of ReMode and Yep!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Whilst the Shop Assistant will be required to assist the Yep! Youth Coordinator as required and report into the LEAP Project Manager, the principle duties will include:
- Keeping the shop area clean and tidy
- Display stock on rails, shelving and in window
- dealing with customers enquiries, dropping in and asking for assistance – always with respect and a high level of customer service in mind
- Supporting the aims and objectives of the ReMode and the YEP! Project.
- Support volunteers while they are in the shop
- Handle general enquiries and pass them to the relevant person within LEAP or provide information to satisfy the enquiry
- Handle telephone calls and voicemails.
- Washing and preparing donated materials/garments
- Receiving and recording garment donations
- Accepting, recording and handling of cash
- Recording sales and token system
- Opening and locking up the shop
- Reporting any issues that need sorted with the space, processes
- General tidying up and housekeeping
- Skills and/or interests in fashion, clothing, redesign, recycling.
- Be willing to have a full disclosure out through the PVG scheme as you will be working with young people.
Please return a completed application form with an up to date CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our voluntary Board of Trustees
…to ensure the sustainability of the organisation as well as the sustainability of our environment.
The Board of Trustees require a new Board Member for LEAP (Local Energy Action Project) SCIO, working with local communities to meet the challenge of climate change.
- Organisation: LEAP – Local Energy Action Plan is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO) Charity Number SC044019.
- Salary info: These roles are not remunerated, but reasonable expenses will be offered those undertaking Trustee duties.
- Job type: Member of Board of Trustees
- Status: Management Board
- Location: Renfrewshire
- Website: myleapproject.org
Local Energy Action Plan (LEAP) is currently seeking additional Board Members to complement the existing team. These individuals will bring a genuine interest in community action to meet the challenge of climate change, along with drive, skills and experience to contribute to the planning and strategic development of the organisation and ensuring the highest standards of governance.
LEAP has grown from a few dedicated local people determined to make a difference in 2010 to a valued and respected charity delivering a range of impartial services in the communities of Lochwinnoch, Kilbarchan, Howwood, Bridge of Weir, Brookfield, Crosslee and Houston in Renfrewshire.
In 2013 LEAP became a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO). Our objectives are:
– To advance environmental protection and improvement by promoting, empowering and enabling sustainable communities through energy conservation and efficiency, encouragement of the usage of natural resources and reduction of carbon use, pollution and waste;
– To advance education by raising awareness and encouraging communities to consider their impact on the environment;
– To encourage community participation in contributing to environmental improvement and ensure the services offered meet the needs of the community, and help to provide new skills and perspectives
LEAP has a project team of 9 including Project Manager and Depute, Energy Advisors, Youth Development Worker, Community Development Officers and Car Club Coordinator.
The Board of Management currently comprises five trustees and we are seeking to enhance this to ensure the sustainability of the Organisation as well as the sustainability of our environment. We would particularly welcome CVs/ Personal Statements from people with knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- environment and sustainable living
- engaging with and motivating individuals and communities to take positive action
In addition, we would welcome relevant skills in one or more of the following:
- Business/social enterprise
- Human resources
- Fundraising & Grants
- Research & analysis
- Experience of fuel poverty
- Communications and PR
The LEAP board currently meets eight times a year within Renfrewshire, normally on a weekday evening. We expect trustees to participate in the majority of meetings and to take responsibility for some of the tasks that arise, according to expertise, interest and time available.
Applicants must be eligible to become Trustees in line with OSCR regulations.
If you would like to have an initial discussion about the Board or membership role, please feel free to contact: email@example.com to arrange a time to chat.
To find out more about LEAP look through our website or like our Facebook page.