As winter starts to bite, LEAP has prepared a few tips to help you to manage the winter months and energy bills in your home through the Festive Season.
– Check your heating programmer/ timer and make sure it’s coming on at appropriate times for the colder weather. £150 per year can be saved by only having your heating on when needed.
– Adjust your thermal radiator valves – using the heating controls appropriately can help you to heat the areas of the home that are needed.
– Measure your room temperature – the recommended temperature for a room thermostat is between 18 and 21o C. Turning your thermostat down by just 1o C could save you £85 per year
– Maximise heat from your radiators with radiator reflective panels. These foil sheets fit down the back of radiators and reflect heat back into the room, meaning you get more heat from your radiators for less money. Come and get yours from our LEAP shops.
– Switch lighting off– we need more lights on for longer periods in the winter, but don’t forget to switch them off. £15 per year can be saved by switching lights off when not in use. For even better savings switch to LED lightbulbs available from our LEAP shops.
– Draught proofing your home – gaps around windows and doors allow heat to escape and let the cold draughts in. Heavy thermal lined curtains will help to keep the heat in. Draught proofing of windows, doors, letterboxes and blocking cracks in floors and skirting boards can save up to 13% of your heating bill each year. If you’re struggling with time and skills to draught proof we can do it for you.
For further information and advice or to purchase your radiator panels, chimney balloons and LED bulbs, contact LEAP Energy Advisors on 01505 612 034, email email@example.com or visit our shops at Advance place, Bridge of Weir or Church St, Lochwinnoch. Visit www.myleapproject.org/contact.