CAR CLUB COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT OFFICER
Re-advertisement of Car Club Community Engagement and Marketing Coordinator.
16 Hours per week, flexible work pattern, up to a total of £10,816 (FTE £25,350)
LEAP Car Club gives you all the convenience of a car without the hassle and expense of owning one. A community, not for profit club, we have cars parked centrally in Linwood, Lochwinnoch and soon in Johnstone, that can be hired for as little – or as long as you want, with access to the cars 24 hours a day. Cars can be booked online at a moments notice or booked up to 6 months in advance.
LEAP Car Club are adding this role to its existing team to assist its delivery of new zero-emission Car Clubs (15-20 Mins from Glasgow) in Linwood and Johnstone for Linstone Housing Association through the Energy Saving Trust’s Plugged In Households Programme.
The purpose of the role is to engage with, and market to, Linstone Tenants and the wider community in these new locations in order to increase Car Club membership and usage. Most of the work undertaken will be in Linwood and Johnstone, LEAP’s Office in Bridge of Weir and occasionally Lochwinnoch.
LEAP car Club was launched by Local Energy Action Plan (LEAP) SCIO in 2012. LEAP is the organisation that manages LEAP Car Club as part of our work with sustainable transport. LEAP Car Club also secured funding for an e-bike initiate where LEAP will help increase the number of people on ebikes as a mode of travel. LEAP work in sustainable transport, energy efficiency, waste reduction and run a number of social enterprise initiatives across Renfrewshire.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively communicate the personal, financial and community benefits of shared transport and zero-emission vehicles to a new audience.
- Organise, attend and deliver outreach events
- Lead focus groups
- Make presentations
- Deliver marketing and communications – online and print
- Work in partnership with Linstone Housing Association and Linstone 20/20, Local Authorities and key stakeholders
- Manage inbound enquiries via drop-in, face to face, phone, messenger
- Complete new member signups and demonstrating car booking, pickup and charging.
- Liaise regularly with Line Manager and other Contractors by meetings, email, phone and text. Maintain a diary and timesheets
- Support basic operations of the Car Club as required.
- Targets may include: leads, engagements, impressions, reach, number of events
- At all times be enthusiastic and encouraging about the value and benefit of making behaviour and structural changes to reduce the amount of CO2 released from day to day activities, particularly through transport and travel.
Community Engagement Officer will report to the Car Club Coordinator and work in a team with other contractors.
The contract is for a period of 1 year with the potential to extend.
- Experience in marketing and/or community engagement
- Must have had a driver’s licence for at least two years and it should have a clean (or no more than 6pts).
- Will have to complete Disclosure Scotland
- Must be flexible and able to work occasional weekends
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate to people from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds
- Self-motivated and tenacious, able to motivate others
- Consistent and thorough approach to work with an eye for detail.
- Proven completer
- Self-starter / work with a minimum amount of supervision
- Seeks feedback and constructive criticism
- Takes responsibility for oneself
- Possess a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Takes pride in a job well done
- Confidence and ability to clearly articulate information
- Marketing and/or Community Engagement qualifications
- Interest in shared transport and sustainability
- Good understanding of how energy is consumed in the home & through transport
- Experience in motivating individuals to change their behaviours
- Good understanding of how to reduce domestic transport energy consumption using technology and behaviour change
- Understanding of the Third Sector
- Experience of Facebook Ads
- Experience of developing and working with databases and/or excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign or similar
- Access to laptop/computer, and car
- Available to commence work immediately
To download a copy of the Application Form click here
To download a printable pdf version click here
Application Closing Date: 12pm, 21st June 2019
Interview Dates: 28 th June 2019
The Board of Trustees require a new Board Member for LEAP (Local Energy Action Project) SCIO, working with local communities to meet the challenge of climate change.
- Organisation: LEAP – Local Energy Action Plan is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO) Charity Number SC044019.
- Salary info: These roles are not remunerated, but reasonable expenses will be offered those undertaking Trustee duties.
- Job type: Member of Board of Trustees
- Status: Management Board
- Location: Renfrewshire
- Website: myleapproject.org
Local Energy Action Plan (LEAP) is currently seeking additional Board Members to complement the existing team. These individuals will bring a genuine interest in community action to meet the challenge of climate change, along with drive, skills and experience to contribute to the planning and strategic development of the organisation and ensuring the highest standards of governance.
LEAP has grown from a few dedicated local people determined to make a difference in 2010 to a valued and respected charity delivering a range of impartial services in the communities of Lochwinnoch, Kilbarchan, Howwood, Bridge of Weir, Brookfield, Crosslee and Houston in Renfrewshire.
In 2013 LEAP became a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO). Our objectives are:
– To advance environmental protection and improvement by promoting, empowering and enabling sustainable communities through energy conservation and efficiency, encouragement of the usage of natural resources and reduction of carbon use, pollution and waste;
– To advance education by raising awareness and encouraging communities to consider their impact on the environment;
– To encourage community participation in contributing to environmental improvement and ensure the services offered meet the needs of the community, and help to provide new skills and perspectives
LEAP has a project team of 9 including Project Manager and Depute, Energy Advisors, Youth Development Worker, Community Development Officers and Car Club Coordinator.
The Board of Management currently comprises five trustees and we are seeking to enhance this to ensure the sustainability of the Organisation as well as the sustainability of our environment. We would particularly welcome CVs/ Personal Statements from people with knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- environment and sustainable living
- engaging with and motivating individuals and communities to take positive action
In addition, we would welcome relevant skills in one or more of the following:
- Business/social enterprise
- Human resources
- Fundraising & Grants
- Research & analysis
- Experience of fuel poverty
- Communications and PR
The LEAP board currently meets eight times a year within Renfrewshire, normally on a weekday evening. We expect trustees to participate in the majority of meetings and to take responsibility for some of the tasks that arise, according to expertise, interest and time available.
Applicants must be eligible to become Trustees in line with OSCR regulations.
If you would like to have an initial discussion about the Board or membership role, please feel free to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to chat.